Apr 29, 2009

Here and There

Last weekend I was supposed to meet someone on the MG Road. I took an Auto from my house for the place. As usual in Bangalore, a huge traffic awaited me at Ulsoor. While waiting on one of the traffic signals, when there was enough time to even get a nap, an uncle started looking inside my auto with some interest.

"Are you alone?" He asked.
"Yeah" I replied back.

"Where are you going?"
"Kumble Circle"

"If you don't mind can we share your auto till there? No empty auto is coming this way. We have been waiting her for last 10 mins." One old aunt, probably his wife, was also standing nearby.
"Yeah sure"

They got into my auto and then we moved on.

"We need to go to Malgudi Road. We took an auto from my place but auto meter was faulty. It usually takes 17 rupees from my place till here. But meter was showing 20. We left him here itself and was looking for another one. Most of these autowallahs do like this. "
"Yeah many of these auto meters are faulty." I myself do take care of auto's meter to distinguish faulty from correct ones. But never tried changing auto mid way. At most few times I complained autowallah about his faulty meter after paying him the faulty amount. But I do always compliment them if their auto meter showed real distances and amounts.

"So where are you from?"
"Jharkhand" I never risk telling people Dhanbad where even Jharkhand sometimes create confusion.

"Oh so from our Dhoni's land. You have come from a far off place. What you do here? Working?Studying?"
"Working"

"Where?"
"Samsung, CV Raman Nagar"

"How long?"
"Almost three years here in Bangalore, but will be leaving it soon."

"Going back to your own place?"
"No, going back to studies"

"Good Good...Study.. work...again study...good."
"Good beta....keep going" Aunty jee complimented too.

Then we talked about how good Bangalore was and what it has become now-rain, climate, temperature, traffic. I also joined them with nostalgic feelings and experience of mine with Bangalore.

I reached my place, got out of auto and paid the money. They blessed me and then went ahead in that auto. It was a good experience talking to them.

No comments: