Sep 6, 2007

Experiences & Realization

So I have completed 60 days outside my homeland today. When I look back at these 60 days which went by at the speed of light for me I, it reminds me of the experiences and realizations that I had at some point of times within this period. Most of them happened only on weekends because of the kind of work that kept me engaged for weekdays (abt 12-13 hrs a day) and sometimes on weekends too. And I am writing the blog, I dont why, on the day when I came to know my final day of returning which has been postponed thrice and will be making my stay here for about 2 and a half months. The visit to so many places can be seen over here(http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/tej.nishant.shekhar).

This has been for the first time that two of the festivals (out of millions in INDIA) Rakshabandhan and Janmashtami went by without myself knowing that half of it is already over. But then I do realized the importance of so many festivals back at home. Here in Korea they have a some kind of celebration (thanksgiving) in the last week of sep., the biggest for them after Christmas and people out here with an excitement in their eyes asked me about any such thing clebrations happening in India. When I told them about some or the other things happening almost every month they were quite amazed to know more about it.

And along with it INDEPENDENCE DAY was also during this period, though kinda the mood here was same, with Korean Independance Day falling on the same day. Infact attended a function for joint celebration of Indian and Korean Indepeneance Day which was quite a unique experience (http://picasaweb.google.com/arunsdevine/IndependenceDayJointCelebration).

Along with these there have been many other things to talk about which I will do in my next post.

No comments: